Job Type Permanent
Working pattern part-time 15 hours per week
Salary Band 6 £32,597 – £41,894 per annum pro rata
Music Therapy supports the assessment and rehabilitation of patients and residents through the provision of music therapy in various areas including physical skills, cognition, emotional expression, and communication, choice-making and relating to others.
The Specialist Services Unit provides rehabilitation and disability management for adults with complex neuro-disability and highly specialist needs: it comprises a neuro-behavioural service, Huntington’s Disease service spread across two wards, and a service for ventilator dependent people. RHN also has a Specialist Nursing Home and a Brain Injury Service which provides rehabilitation for adults with acquired brain injury, and you may be required to work across all 3 services. You will be responsible for delivering a high quality Music Therapy service to residents, as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Main Objectives of the role
1. Demonstrate an awareness of RHN’s objectives and contribute to achieving them appropriately.
2. Strive to improve efficiency in all areas of your work.
3. To deliver a high quality music therapy service to allocated caseload
4. To engage in CPD activities.
5. To continually educate staff on music therapy techniques and promote the reputation of the music therapy service externally.
6. To liaise with the MDT team and families to provide effective treatment to patients.
7. To be involved with facilitating volunteer placements and assist with student placements as appropriate.
Please click here to read the full job description
If you would like to have a chat about this role, please pick up the phone and contact
Rosanne Tyas, Clinical Lead Music Therapy, email@example.com /02087804500Ext 5151
24 March 2019
17 April 2019