Sister / Charge Nurse – Rehabilitation
Salary: £32,115 – £42,358 pa (Band 6)
Job type: permanent
Working pattern: full time 37.5 hours a week
Are you a registered nurse looking for career progression? Do you want to make a difference to your patients and see a positive outcome for the patients you care for? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
The Senior Nursing Team is delighted to announce the further roll out of a Band 6, Sister/Charge Nurse position. The role already operates successfully in several areas of the hospital and is now introduced on a substantive basis.
We are looking for nurse leaders who can support ward managers to help build a confident, high quality and caring team who are experts in their field. The successful candidate will be responsible for championing and guiding a diverse range of nursing and health care assistant staff whilst working alongside other multi-disciplinary colleagues.
As part of the Leadership Team within the hospital, key responsibilities will include;
- the HR and financial management of the ward
- ensuring the 24 hour nursing service is covered by appropriate rostering and skill mix,
- facilitating multi-disciplinary team working and monitoring/participating in patient care provision
Devonshire Ward is an assessment and rehabilitation ward for patients who are in a prolonged disorder of consciousness and need specialist nursing care to help improve their quality of life. This is done through finding methods to communicate with them and reducing their care needs, enabling them to go back into the community.
Throughout the Brain Injury Service, you will learn tracheostomy care, gastrostomy care, venepuncture and many other acute clinical skills as well as gaining complex discharge planning skills while working as a key member within the interdisciplinary team in a friendly setting
Successful applicants will have:
- NMC Pin – RNA / RNLD
- Proven interpersonal skills and a demonstrable ability to handle complex communications
- Demonstrable experience of leadership, management and multi-disciplinary team working
- A management qualification (or willingness to undertake management studies)
- A teaching/mentoring qualification
- Experience of managing complex workloads and competing priorities
Read the full job description here.
To find out more about this position please call or email:
– Sorin Neacsu, Matron, email@example.com or call 020 8780 4500 ext 5130, or
– Laura Chapman, Devonshire Ward Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8780 4500 ext 5137
If you would like to discuss the great opportunities we offer our nurses, we welcome informal visits to meet our ward managers, learn more about the hospital and experience our unique atmosphere.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and quote the job title you are applying for in the email’s subject.
Closing date – Sunday 24 March 2019
Interview date – w/c 1 April 2019