Sister / Charge Nurse – Ventilator Unit
Salary: £33,412 – £44,068 pa
Permanent, full-time (37.5 hours per week)
We are looking to recruit an experienced and passionate nurse at Band 6 to work on the Jack Emerson Centre (JEC); a specialist respiratory unit caring for people with neurological disease and spinal cord injury who require long-term invasive ventilation.
It’s a dynamic and stimulating environment that offers huge scope for any nurse looking to take the next step in their career. The opportunity would be ideal for nurses who have experience in an acute or intensive care/high dependency environment but have interest in the management of complex and long-term illness.
We want a nurse leader who can support the Ward Manager to continue building a confident, highly skilled and caring team who are experts in their field.
Successful applicants will have:
- Proven interpersonal skills and a demonstrable ability to handle complex communications.
- Demonstrable experience of leadership; management and multi-disciplinary team working.
- Experience of managing complex workloads and competing priorities.
- Extensive knowledge in ventilation and tracheostomy care.
What we offer:
- Competitive rates of pay including high cost area allowance
- Competitive annual leave entitlement
- Education opportunities including bespoke RCN Accredited Post Graduate Neuro-disability training
- Free 24 hours onsite parking
- Subsidised onsite accommodation
- Subsidised canteen and Costa Coffee
- Free uniform and laundry service
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- National Rail/Transport for London season ticket loan
Following successful completion of a three month probation, you will be offered the opportunity to join Putney Bank, our in-house temporary staffing service that offers highly competitive hourly rates, paid annual leave and weekly pay.
Please read the full job description here.
For any questions relating to this position please contact Matron, Andrea Reed – firstname.lastname@example.org.