Job Types: Permanent – Full-time or Part-time
Salary: £28,672 – £37,248 per annum
Suitable for experienced and newly qualified:
– General Adult Nurses
– Learning& Disability Nurses
– Mental Nurses
Royal Hospital for Neuro-disability (RHN)is one of the oldest independent hospitals and medical charities in the UK, not to mention one of the most respected. Today, we continue to enhance dignity, independence and quality of life for every single one of the patients and residents who rely on the rehabilitation and care we provide. We are respected as an authority on neuro-disability care, we provide training in neuro-care, and research advances into the science of care for individuals with neuro-disabilities. Providing short and long-term specialist services for adults with profound or complex neurological injuries, the RHN is passionate about finding ability in disability
In RHN we provide short and long-term specialist services for adults with profound or complex neurological injuries, the RHN is passionate about finding ability in disability. If you are an enthusiastic Registered Nurse who is interested in neuro-disability care, this is the place to be!
We are seekingfor motivated nursing staff who are eager to learn much sought after clinical skills. We will train and support you in complex postural management, tracheotomy, tracheostomy management including changing and replacement, as well as gastronomy and jejunostomy. As a Registered Staff Nurse you will work as part of the interdisciplinary team to deliver a high standard of care to the patient and residents of the hospital. Our nurses develop long term supportive relationships with each patient, and their family and friends.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will work within agreed nursing standards and according to Nursing and Midwifery Council Code for nurses and be accountable for nursing outcomes.
- Enhance the quality of care you deliver by assisting with the management of change in nursing practice based on evidence/research.
- Plan and organise your own workload in order to meet patient need.
- Within a system of case management, co-ordinate and monitor the progress of patient care and report any variance appropriately.
- Understand the principles of delivering prescribed treatment safely to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- To educate patients/residents where appropriate and their carers as required where a need has been identified
- To participate in annual staff appraisal, staff development and in-service training activities in line with RHN Learning & Development framework
- To attend the RHN induction programme, mandatory training sessions and annual updates as required
- Ability to record observations accurately and in accordance with a patient or resident’s condition, with an ability to interpret and inform the nurse in charge of changing data and respond as directed
- To assist patients/residents and their families and carers to gain access to health and social care, information and support relevant to their needs
- To participate in the promotion and maintenance of effective communication with patients/residents and their carers and families.
- To provide information which enables patients to make choices about adopting a healthier lifestyle
- Registered Nurse – Candidates must hold an NMC pin number
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Clinical knowledge and experience of nursing in similar ward/unit
- Ability to negotiate and work effectively in an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrable clinical skills and good practice skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal presentation skills & report writing.
- Good understanding of relevant compliance standards, codes of practice, and statutory and professional regulations
- Must hold the appropriate Right to Work in the UK
Please submit an application via the below link:_
To find out more about this post:
Please check the full job description. Otherwise, if you would like to discuss further the great opportunities we have on offer please phone / email us. We welcome informal visits so you can experience our unique community atmosphere and to meet the Ward Managers / Matrons. For any general queries or to book an informal chat with our nursing team, please contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Candidates applying for a role at the Royal Hospital for Neuro Disability will be expected to have received their vaccination against the coronavirus strain (COVID19) as part of our pre-employment process before commencing employment at the RHN. Please let us know if you have not managed to arrange to receive the vaccine via other channels yet, as we are able to arrange the administration of the vaccine within the hospital. Please note that if you have a medical reason as to why you are not able to have the vaccine or you have any questions on the vaccination, please feel free to contact Kaleb Lloyd (email@example.com.**