Staff Nurse- Haberdashers House, Young Adults Service
BAND 5 REGISTERED NURSE
£28,672-£37,248 Per Annum (Depending on experience)
Haberdashers House, Young Adults Service
Suitable for registered nurses with six months post qualification experience – general adult and learning & disability.
An exciting opportunity for Band 5 Registered Nurses to enhance their skills by joining a specialist multi-disciplinary team providing care and treatment to young adults with complex long-term health needs.
We offer a personalised induction programme with supervision and support from our dedicated education team, as well as one to one support from our senior nurses. You will have the opportunity to attend our Putney Nurse Programme, which offers practical and academic support that will advance your knowledge and skills in caring for highly complex patients.
The Royal Hospital for Neuro-disability, in Putney south west London, is an independent medical charity providing rehabilitation and long-term care for adults with brain injury and neuro-disability. It is a unique community where every person’s role, responsibility and purpose is valued.
Here at the RHN we live and breathe our four core values also known as “The Putney Way” which are:
- Seeing the whole person
- Willingness to learn
- Delivery on promises
- Honesty and Integrity
Main Objectives of the role
- Demonstrate an awareness of RHN’s objectives and contribute to achieving them appropriately.
- Strive to improve efficiency in all areas of your work.
- Strive to improve efficiency.
- To actively contribute to creating a culture where quality is at the centre of everything we do and is delivered on all occasions to the highest level, in accordance with the appropriate CQC regulations and professional standards including the Nursing and
Midwifery Council Code.
- To deliver a high standard of care to the patient and residents of the hospital.
- To work according to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and relevant professional guidelines as a named nurse for a defined group of patients and take responsibility for:
- Protecting and supporting the health of individual patients and residents
- Assessment of care and health and social care needs
- Development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for individual patients and residents
- Within a model of clinical supervision, to gain experience and skills in:
- Clinical practice
- Facilitation and teaching
- Management and leadership
- To work in accordance with RHN Nursing and Midwifery Strategy and RHN values and contribute towards achieving the RHN’s strategy
- To maintain effective communication with patients, residents, families/carers and staff
- To provide a high standard of holistic patient and resident centred care
- To take charge of the ward/department in the absence of senior nursing staff when agreed competencies to do so have been fully attained.
Person specification: Essential and Desirable
- Registered Nurse with the NMC E
- Evidence of continuing professional development E
- Clinical knowledge and experience of nursing in Brain Injury population D
- Ability to negotiate and work effectively in an interdisciplinary team E
- Demonstrable clinical skills and good practice skills E
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal presentation skills & report writing. E
- Good understanding of relevant compliance standards, codes of practice, and statutory and professional regulations E
For further information on this vacancy, please contact Haberdashers House Manager Jinnel Kaddo on 020 8780 4642.
To download the job description for this role, click here.
To apply please click link below:-
**Candidates applying for a role at the Royal Hospital for Neuro Disability will be expected to have received their vaccination against the coronavirus strain (COVID19) as part of our pre-employment process before commencing employment at the RHN. Please let us know if you have not managed to arrange to receive the vaccine via other channels yet, as we are able to arrange the administration of the vaccine within the hospital. Please note that if you have a medical reason as to why you are not able to have the vaccine or you have any questions on the vaccination, please feel free to contact email@example.com**