Staff Nurse – Specialist Services
Salary: £27,152 – £35,273 pa
We currently have a vacancy for a strong and dynamic registered nurse on Coombs Ward, is a twelve bed service for adults with profound disabilities caused by acquired brain injuries and degenerative neurological conditions, such as Huntington’s disease.
There is broad variation in the cognitive and physical abilities of our patients but typically there is a high level of co-morbidity and a high level of neuro-disability and medical needs.
Our work makes a vital difference to their lives and the ward culture is based on a positive supportive approach to patient and family care whilst working together with a dedicated MDT, inclusive of Neuropsychology, Physiotherapy, Occupational and Speech and Language therapy.
This role will present an exciting challenge to applicants who possess the ability to work across the boundaries of general and learning disability.
It would suit someone who is keen to work collaboratively in order to produce positive outcomes for our patients and their lives.
In addition to the challenges that this role brings there is also the great benefit of being part of a supportive, experienced and effective wider team.
The successful applicant will have:
- RGN /RNLD Registration
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Clinical knowledge and experience of working within degenerative neurological condition
- Ability to negotiate and work effectively in an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrable clinical skills and good practice skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Good understanding of relevant compliance standards, codes of practice, and statutory and professional regulations
- Golden Hello (financial Support for relocation costs)
- Free on-site parking
- Opportunity to undertake the Putney Nurse Programme which entails training of “Management of Patients who have Highly Complex Neurological Disorders Programme”
- Further learning and development opportunities
- Career progression
- Contributing staff pension scheme
- Season travel ticket loan
- Occupational health service which includes a range of wellbeing services
- Access to on site staff accommodation
- Option to join a health insurance scheme administered by HSF at preferential rates
- DSE/eyesight tests and cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised canteen