Student Placement Coordinator
Student Placement Coordinator (Band 6)
Salary grade £24,500 pro rata– part time (3 days per week)
Department/ward Learning and Development
Founded in 1854, the RHN is a well-respected, national charitable hospital and research centre, providing services for adults with acquired brain injuries and neurological-conditions. We provide specialist care, therapies and innovative technologies to meet the complex needs of people with profound disabilities. We pride ourselves on caring for patients as individuals, offering hope, as well as practical and emotional support, to them and their families.
The successful post holder will work closely with the Learning and Development Team and the Matron for Education, facilitating pre-registered students and post registration employment support for nurses.
The successful post holder will be wholly responsible for the coordination, on boarding and general placement journey for pre-registered nurses. Ensuring that clinical care standards are being maintained and developed across the hospital – nurturing a progressive learning environment for all nursing students.
You will be a Registered Nurse with extensive experience. You will have demonstrable leadership experience and the ability.
Closing date: 9 December 2021
- In collaboration with the Director of Nursing and the Learning and Development Manager, you will design and implement a placement programme that will support students’ before, during and after placement. This includes, but is not limited to clinical skills development / education, an employment surgery, as well as workshops and mentoring.
- Provide a first point of contact for students both seeking a placement and on placement; answering, following up and taking action on queries.
- Whilst students are on placement ensure their welfare is managed appropriately; where problems arise take the appropriate action to inform the university link lecturer and work with the wider team to find the best solution, ensuring to escalate as appropriate.
- Work with the Director of Nursing and Learning and Development Manager to work with the nursing team to safely increase the number of student places on the wards.
- Work with the Recruitment Business Partner to create a suite of marketing tools to promote the concept of placements (both internally and externally) amongst students, and raise demand for student placements at RHN.
- Use a range of communication channels to maintain contact with students before, during, and after placement, enabling access to placement information for all, and facilitating excellent customer service.
- Match suitable students into wards and manage all stages of the placement and ensuring effective communication with the universities, students and Senior Nursing staff.
- At the end of the placement, seek feedback from students, Link Lecturers and Senior Nursing staff to inform future placement capacity, create case studies, and maintain accurate placement records.
- Registered Nurse – The post holder must be an RN (1) and is therefore bound by the NMC Code Professional standards of practice and behaviour for nurses and midwives 2015
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Ability to effectively manage other nurses and nursing services
- Proven leadership skills.
- Demonstrable clinical skills and experience
- Advanced practice skills.
- Experience of training and developing staff
- Collaborative and ability to influence medical and multi-disciplinary teams
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of research and audit.
- Innovative and forward thinking
- Experience working with pre-registered nurses (desirable)