Ward Manager – Continuing Care
Salary: £38,893 – £49,344 pa (Band 7)
37.5 hours per week + plus bleepholder responsibilities
We currently have a permanent opportunity for a dedicated, passionate and inspiring Ward Manager for our continuing care ward. This unit specialises in patients with long term care needs associated with acquired brain injury.
We are looking for a leader who can build a confident, high quality and caring team who are experts in their field. You will be responsible for championing and guiding a diverse range of nursing and health care assistant staff whilst working alongside other multi-disciplinary colleagues.
As part of the Leadership Team within the hospital, key responsibilities include the human resource and financial management of the ward. You will ensure the 24 hour nursing service is covered by appropriate rostering and skill mix, facilitate multi-disciplinary team working and monitor/participate in patient care provision.
The successful applicant will have:
- proven interpersonal skills and a demonstrable ability to handle complex communications
- significant leadership and managerial experience with an ability to demonstrate experience in multi-disciplinary team working
- a management qualification (or willingness to undertake management studies)
- a teaching/mentoring qualification
- experience of managing complex workloads and competing priorities
You can read the full job description here.
To find out more information about this position you can call or email us to discuss the great opportunities we have on offer. We welcome informal visits to experience our unique community atmosphere for yourself.
Closing date – Monday 18 March 2019
Interviews – w/c 25 March 2019