Ward Manager – Long Term Care ward
Salary: £38,893 – £49,344 pa (Band 7)
37.5 hours per week + plus bleepholder responsibilities
We currently have a permanent opportunity for a dedicated, passionate and inspiring Ward Manager for our continuing care ward. This unit specialises in patients with long term care needs associated with acquired brain injury.
We are looking for a leader who can build a confident, high quality and caring team. You will be responsible for championing and guiding a diverse range of nursing and health care assistant staff whilst working alongside other multi-disciplinary colleagues.
As part of the Leadership Team within the hospital, key responsibilities will include the human resource and financial management of the ward.
The successful applicant will have:
- Proven interpersonal skills and a demonstrable ability to handle complex communications
- Significant leadership and managerial experience with an ability to demonstrate experience in multi-disciplinary team working
- A teaching/mentoring qualification
- Experience of managing complex workloads and competing priorities
- NMC registration
- BSc degree or equivalent in relevant subject
- Expert clinician and professional role model
- Evidence of continuing professional development – particularly with management skills
- Proven experience in successfully managing a ward roster and budgets.
- Clinical knowledge and experience of working within a long term care environment.
- Ability to negotiate and work effectively in an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal presentation skills and report writing.
- Good understanding of relevant compliance standards, codes of practice, and statutory and professional regulations
Some of our benefits include:
- Free on-site parking
- Generous staff pension scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Occupational health service which includes a range of wellbeing services
- Access to on site staff accommodation
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised canteen
- Opportunity to undertake the Putney Nurse Programme.