Ward Manager – Long Term Care
Salary: £40,463-£51,336pa (Band 7)
Permanent, full-time (37.5 hours a week)
The RHN is a leading national centre of excellence, providing adult person-centred services that span the entire care pathway from post-acute rehabilitation services to end of life care, for people with complex neuro-disability and their families, underpinned by a strong research and education programme.
The Ward Manager will work as part of the multi-disciplinary team to deliver a high standard of care to the patient and residents of the hospital.
The purpose of this role is to;
- provide professional, clinical, and managerial leadership to the ward nursing team
- be responsible for the day-to-day management of the wards and coordination of the residents care
- ensure a high standard of evidence-based nursing care is consistently delivered to patients
- ensure that a safe, cost effective service is provided
- act as a patient advocate, ensuring a positive patient experience for all
- be responsible for Information Governance standards
- hold responsibility for Safeguarding and Deprivation of Liberty authorisations at ward level
Main duties and responsibilities include;
- ensuring the highest standard of evidence-based nursing care is delivered to all patients and their families
- monitoring and ensure patient and relative satisfaction and be proactive in managing any identified issues
- acting as a resource of specialist clinical knowledge and information for nursing staff and ensure that all nursing practices are meeting the required standards
- promoting reflective practice and learning in order to ensure that nursing care is research based, appropriate and responsive
- ensuring that all provision of nursing care is documented on a timely basis and accurately reflects the patient experience
- working closely with the multidisciplinary team for the achievement of effective patient management ensuring that individual care plans and guidelines are followed
- ensuring a high standard of infection control and the prevention of all avoidable healthcare associated infection on the ward
Read the full job description here.
To apply for this role please click below link:-