Bank Domestic Assistant
Our Domestic Services Department plays a vital role in the hospital by maintaining a pleasant, hygienic and comfortable environment for patients.
The department provides a cleaning service to wards, departments, communal areas and staff residences as well as providing an internal postal and a central wash up service.
There are approximately 45 members of staff made up of permanent, bank and agency domestic staff.
Additionally, Ward Technicians provide a housekeeping service on the wards and are responsible for the provision of food and beverages, kitchen hygiene and clean laundry distribution services.
Main objectives of the role are to:
- assist with maintaining a clean, safe and comfortable environment that ensures a positive experience for patients and reflects the values of the hospital.
- assist with the delivery of a high standard and effective cleaning service and maintaining hygiene standards within wards and departments across the hospital.
- work in accordance with the Hospital’s Infection Control policy and assist with the delivery of special (barrier) cleaning as required.
- be responsible for the safe storage and maintenance of domestic services stock and supplies and to ensure that these are available within the designated area of work.
- Clean specific areas in line with training given and in accordance with approved methods, standards and frequencies.
- Work in accordance with the day to day tasks and activities, as delegated.
- Safely use mechanical and electrical cleaning equipment following appropriate training and to be responsible for cleaning domestic services equipment after use.
- Work to prevent the spread of infection by following RHN colour code systems.
- Ensure that cleaning cupboards are locked and secured every time they are not in use and to be responsible for the security of keys issued to these areas.
- Ensure compliance with mandatory training and attend other relevant training, as directed.
- Ensure compliance with relevant hospital policies and procedures.
- Report accidents and near misses or unsafe situations, so appropriate action can be taken.
- Treat patients, visitors and staff with dignity and respect.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the role / as requested by line management.