CAD and Project Manager
CAD and Project Manager
Up to £50,000 Per Annum (Depending on experience)
The RHN is a leading national centre of excellence, providing adult person-centred services that span the entire care pathway from post-acute rehabilitation services to end of life care, for people with complex Neuro-disability and their families, underpinned by a strong research and education programme.
The Estates department of the RHN is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Estate, including the management of the building services related contracts. The department is also responsible for carrying out a variety of projects throughout the RHN in conjunction with other departments.
Main Objectives of the role
- Demonstrate an awareness of RHN’s objectives and contribute to achieving them appropriately. Strive to improve efficiency in all areas of your work.
- The post holder is expected to operate with a minimum of supervision within the bounds of agreed budgets, departmental policies and procedures, and agreed key objectives.
- The post holder is expected to manage effectively using his/her own initiative
- The primary duties of the CAD and Project Manager for the delivery of the Estates Capital Programme. The position will entail advising and managing external Design Consultants to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of the Estates Capital Programme.
- The CAD and Project Manager will be responsible for providing support with the Estates Strategy and Estates Master Plan, which contributes towards strategic operational planning when vacating/relocating areas prior to undertaking major project refurbishments.
- To deliver the full range of information management functions in relation to the management and co-ordination of construction data from our projects and maintenance activities.
- To take a project management lead within Estates in the delivery of the Estates Capital Programme. To provide project management advice when liaising with external consultants, architects, contractors and departmental managers in determining design, layout and space utilisation when undertaking refurbishment projects.
- To provide design drawings and project management options to the Project Board with planning office relocation/vacating departments. Meet with departmental managers, provide optional alternatives for furniture plans/inventories, and space utilisation.
- To manage and be held accountable for the Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) System. Ensure the system is utilised to its maximum efficiency and to provide analysis reports on Statutory/Compliance obligations. To manage and be held accountable for the software utilised for managing and coordination relocations.
- To be responsible for the production and provision of Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings and manage all associated CAD software/upgrades. The CAD and Project Manager will be responsible for managing technical and customised drawings in all aspects of mechanical/electrical and building services.
- Manage the Estates Asset Register to ensure it is current with additions, deletions, changes and that the assets are assigned to their correct location and data field sets.
Manage the CAFM Assets to ensure all statutory obligations under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, The Electricity at Work Act, COSHH, RIDDOR and building regulations are current and accountable.
- Work with the Maintenance Manager to monitor all priority tasks call list within the CAFM system to ensure the Service Level Agreement (SLA) is not compromised and that the priority tasks have been assigned to the correct line and are justifiable.
Liaise with the Helpdesk with regards to the status of all outstanding work, either by interrogation of the CAFM System or verbally to enable customer/client satisfaction.
- Have advanced knowledge of various software packages, including AutoCAD, MEP and Revit. Be fully capable of using Excel for compiling, analysing and presenting data. Possess various drafting techniques in design when producing specialist drawings for tender purposes.
Person specification: Essential and Desirable
- HNC/HND or similar in a Construction related subject or be able to demonstrate appropriate levels of knowledge and experience. Desirable.
- At least 3 years in a similar role. Essential.
- Good technical knowledge including of main current legislation affecting hospital / healthcare premises. Desirable.
- Have experience in liaising with external consultants/contractors when undertaking major refurbishment projects. Essential.
- Have an understanding of various Engineering & Building Services applications including, HVAC, Boilers refrigeration, BMS, Management Systems, Generators, UPS Systems Electrical, HV/LV installations. Essential.
- Professional approach coupled with strong interpersonal skills. Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills. Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills. Essential.
- Flexible and co-operative at all times. An assertive but calm demeanour. Self-motivated and highly visible. A good team player. Essential.
- Good timekeeping and attendance record. Neat and tidy appearance. Essential.
If you would like to discuss further the great opportunities we have on offer please phone / email us. For any general queries or to book an informal chat with our Head of Estates Derek Bannister (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To download the job description for this role, click here.
To apply please click link below:-
**Candidates applying for a role at the Royal Hospital for Neuro Disability will be expected to have received their vaccination against the coronavirus strain (COVID19) as part of our pre-employment process before commencing employment at the RHN. Please let us know if you have not managed to arrange to receive the vaccine via other channels yet, as we are able to arrange the administration of the vaccine within the hospital. Please note that if you have a medical reason as to why you are not able to have the vaccine or you have any questions on the vaccination, please feel free to contact email@example.com**