Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 pa
Permanent, full-time – 36 hours a week
As a Maintenance Manager, you will implement, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems for the delivery of an effective Estates Maintenance service at RHN ensuring full statutory compliance and robust maintenance regimes.
The post-holder will deliver the full range of hospital maintenance functions though a combination of the in house labour force and outsourced contracts ensuring statutory compliance for all Hard FM functions.
The successful candidate will liaise with other Estates Personnel, Heads of Departments, Facilities Manager, Ward Managers, Supplies and Finance Department, Infection Control, Human Resources, Occupational Health, and also with external authorities and organisations.
We are interested in applicants with range of relevant experience which should include:
- managing and monitoring outsourced Hard FM contract arrangements and in-house maintenance operatives
- developing and implementing maintenance regimes for hospital premises
- developing or working with Condition Surveys to guide maintenance decision making
- managing the full range of Hard FM services including electrical, mechanical, fire detection and suppression systems, medical gases and water safety
- developing, tendering and carrying out minor works programmes
- developing and monitoring delegated budgets
- experienced in risk assessments and putting in place necessary measures to mitigate estates maintenance risk
Objectives of the role are to:
- establish, manage and monitor the hospitals Estates Maintenance Services whether provided directly or via an outsourced contractor/s.
- develop robust maintenance plans which ensure statutory compliance and effectively support business continuity
- regularly review maintenance regimes to ensure that they continue to be aligned to core business requirements, provide value for money, and manage Estates risk to an acceptable level
- report to the Head of Capital and Estates on the condition of buildings, plant and infrastructure, maintaining accurate asset registers and records of condition
- manage the minor works programme as delegated by the Head of Capital and Estate and supporting the wider main capital programme in a proactive manner
- ensure that all relevant risk assessments and Method Statements are in place and up to date, all maintenance works are carried out in compliance with legislation and best practice including HTM’s HBN’s and British standards, building regulations etc
- ensure a robust permit to works system is operated in line with best practice
To find out more about this position, please read the full job description here.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date – Tuesday 30 April 2019