Report Developer and Analyst
Report Developer and Analyst
Salary grade £30,000 per annum
Department/ward IT Department
Founded in 1854, the RHN is a well-respected, national charitable hospital and research centre, providing services for adults with acquired brain injuries and neurological-conditions. We provide specialist care, therapies and innovative technologies to meet the complex needs of people with profound disabilities. We pride ourselves on caring for patients as individuals, offering hope, as well as practical and emotional support, to them and their families.
As Report Developer and Analyst, you will be in charge of processing data into comprehensive reports, aiming to produce information that is accessible to different stakeholders.
Help drive critical business decisions by analysing metrics and designing reports. They communicate these results to managers and often provide suggestions based on their findings.
A champion of business intelligence reporting. Identifying unmet need for management information areas of data duplication. Supporting our digital transformation programme.
Open opportunity to develop our machine learning programme to enable the business to take better decisions based on the considerable data sources now available.
Strategy & Planning
- Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for BI development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Design business analysis tools for use throughout the Hospital.
- Maintain databases and perform updates as necessary to ensure accuracy, working as part of the Data Quality group to put in place processes to continually improve data quality.
- Regularly examine data reports to locate and resolve mistakes.
- Accurately analyse and collect data for various types of business reports.
- Create business reports that provide insight into key data points.
- Communicate the results of data analysis in written and verbal form to managers.
- Support various departments in reaching their goals through analysis.
- Monitor data to identify changes in financial and business trends
- Design, code, test, and document all new or modified BI systems, applications, and programs.
- Manage access and permissions for the Reporting sites.
- Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
- Analyse user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for BI front-end applications.
- Work with managers to ensure that data meets business requirements.
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary.
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software.
- Act as evangelist for BI benefits across the organization; promote BI usage to relevant departments.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of information systems, statistics or computer engineering (desirable).
- Certifications in Microsoft SQL Server (desirable).
Knowledge & Experience
- Relevant direct work experience in a data management role.
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and design experience.
- Experience of development with MS SQL Server, Power BI and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Ability to write and modify Stored Procedures (desirable)
- Strong ability to analyse user requirements and build front-end BI reports according to specifications.
- Understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws (GDPR in a Healthcare environment)
- Knowledge of R (desirable)
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.