British Bobath Tutors Association (BBTA): An Introduction To The Bobath Concept – Module 1
Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 January 2023
This two-day module is designed to introduce participants to the concept of movement analysis in the assessment and treatment of adults with neurological or neuromuscular dysfunction.
The module consists of a theoretical introduction to movement analysis, practical sessions and demonstrations.
- To discuss movement analysis based on The Bobath Concept
- To explore and enhance skills of observation, analysis and facilitation in a neurologically intact subject
- To link the evidence base and clinical practice
By the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Describe key components relating to the analysis of positions / postural sets (sitting / standing) and movement sequences (sit to stand to sit)
- Identify key characteristics of efficient movement performance and recognise potential causes for lack of efficiency
- Understand the wide postural and tonal variations in the normal adult population
- Demonstrate efficient handling skills to facilitate movement from one postural set to another (sit to stand to sit)
- Apply knowledge of movement analysis to the assessment and treatment of patients with neurological dysfunction
Who is this course suitable for?
Qualified Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists working in neurology
Applicants must be qualified PT or OT
For more information please call 020 8780 4500 ext 5141 or email email@example.com