Enteral Tube Management Training Course
Tuesday 2 May 2023
This one-day, in-person course will focus on the care and management of a range of enteral feeding devices drawing on practice at the RHN where up to 90% of our patients require an enteral tube to maintain their nutritional status.
The Enteral Service at RHN manages patients with longer-term enteral tubes including gastrostomy tubes and postpyloric feeding devices. We do not manage nasally placed tubes and management of such devices will not be a focus of this course.
The aim is to improve and develop your knowledge of enteral tube management, sharing best practices and improving overall patient care.
The course will cover
- Overview of commonly used enteral tubes and indications for use
- Care of the stoma site and common complications
- Care of the enteral tube and common complications
- Management of enteral feed intolerance
- Complex case studies
- Evidencing need for specialist enteral services
Who is the course for
This course is suitable for any healthcare professional with the responsibility of caring for an individual with an enteral tube. Including but not limited to Registered Nurses and Dietitians.
Please note – you do need to have a basic understanding of enteral tube management to attend this course.
- Understand the indication for use of different types of long-term enteral tubes
- Understand common complications with long-term enteral tubes and stoma sites
- How to better manage enteral feed intolerance
- Practical use of a range of enteral feeding tubes including tube repair
- Awareness of issues that may arise in complex cases
- Evidence needs for specialist enteral services
Cost: £80 including lunch and resources
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 780 4500 ext 5141