SLT intervention for people with severe brain injury through their post-injury journey
Tuesday 19 November 2024
This one day course will focus on the assessment and management of communication and swallowing needs in people with complex neuro-disability following acquired brain injury. The day would benefit speech and language therapists (SLT) who are working in the field of brain injury at any point across the patient pathway.
The course will cover the following key areas:
- Assessment and rehabilitation of complex communication and swallowing needs following severe brain injury from ICU to community settings.
- Case studies from across the pathway and will include cognitive communication disorders (CCD), prolonged disorders of consciousness (PDOC), complex dysphagia and augmentative and alternative communication (AAC).
- Speakers will include specialist SLTs at the RHN and guest external speakers.
- There will be opportunities for discussion and sharing of ideas.
- Identify current evidence and guidance around working with patients with severe brain injury
- Identify assessment and intervention options, including MDT working, across the pathway
For more information, please call 020 8780 4500 ext 5141 or email email@example.com