A Multi-disciplinary Approach to the Assessment and Management of Huntington’s Disease
Huntington’s Disease (HD) is a hugely complex progressive neurological condition. This course will enrich your knowledge of HD, give a thorough overview of multiple aspects of assessment and management, and will provide you with practical ideas to take away.
Led by the specialist multi-disciplinary team from the dedicated HD unit at the RHN, the course will include:
– an introduction to HD and medical management
– working with cognitive impairments
– working with communication impairments
– emotional and behavioural aspects of HD
– mobility and postural management
– nutrition and swallowing including advanced decision planning
– promoting quality of life and independence through participation.
This comprehensive and in-depth course is aimed at Allied Health Professionals (including physiotherapists, speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, psychologists, dietitians, music therapists), nurses, healthcare assistants, and Doctors/GPs working in community or inpatient settings.