IV sedation theory course for the dental team with a focus of treating special care patients (IACSD Accredited)
This one-day IV sedation theory course is accredited by the IACSD, Royal College of Surgeons and is suitable for dentists, dental nurses and new starters
The day will have specific emphases on IV sedation with midazolam for adults with additional needs, including learning disabilities, older adults and people with complex medical histories.
The day is being led by experienced consultants and nurses in special care dentistry.
After this training delegates will need to find mentors if they are a new starter to sedation.
This day will also be useful CPD for dental team who need a refresher course in sedation or want to learn more about sedating patients with additional needs.
The day includes
- Patient assessment
- Pharmacology and physiology
- Practical IV sedation
- Oral/Tranmuscoal sedation
- Managing sedation related complications
The course objectives are
- To understand the place for conscious sedation as part of pain and anxiety control
- To demonstrate the importance of complying with standards relating to the provision of conscious sedation
- To recognise the indications and contraindications for sedation
- Understand the importance of delivering safe sedation in terms of training, patients assessment, equipment and facilities
- To be able to manage sedation related complication
- To learn more about sedating patients with additional needs
Cost: £90 for dentists, £70 for dental nurses
For more information please call 020 8780 4500 ext 5140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org