Ward Manager – Continuing Care – Specialist Nursing Home
Salary: £40,463 – £51,366 per annum
Permanent full-time (37.5 hours a week)
The Royal Hospital for Neuro-disability is a non-profit, medical charity, a hospital and home, based in Putney, South West London. We provide both short and long-term specialist services (assessment, rehabilitation and disability management) for adults with profound or complex disabilities resulting from damage to the brain or nervous system. Through these services, we seek to enable people with profound neuro-disability to enjoy an optimal quality of life.
We have a permanent opportunity for a dedicated, passionate and inspiring ward manager for our continuing care ward. This unit specialises in patients with long-term care needs associated with acquired brain injury.
We are seeking a leader who can build a confident, high quality and caring team who are experts in their field. You will be responsible for championing and guiding a diverse range of nursing and health care assistant staff whilst working alongside other multi-disciplinary colleagues.
As part of the leadership team within the hospital, key responsibilities include the human resource and financial management of the ward. You will ensure the 24-hour nursing service is covered by appropriate rostering and skill mix, facilitate multi-disciplinary team working and monitor/participate in patient care provision.
The successful applicant will have
- Proven interpersonal skills and a demonstrable ability to handle complex communications
- Significant leadership and managerial experience with an ability to demonstrate experience in multi-disciplinary team working
- A management qualification (or willingness to undertake management studies)
- A teaching/mentoring qualification
- Experience of managing complex workloads and competing priorities
- NMC Registration
- BSc degree or equivalent in relevant subject
- Expert clinician and professional role model
- Evidence of continuing professional development – particularly with management skills
- Proven experience in successfully managing a ward roster and ward budgets.
- Clinical knowledge and experience of working within a long term care environment.
- Ability to negotiate and work effectively in an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal presentation skills & report writing
- Good understanding of relevant compliance standards, codes of practice, and statutory and professional regulations.
To find out more about this position please call Kenny Padmore-Smith on 020 8780 4500 ext 5139
We welcome informal visits to experience our unique community atmosphere for yourself. Please contact Macarena Montesinos Ruiz email@example.com Continuing Care Matron to arrange this.
Closing date 21 September 2020
Interview week beginning 28 September