Improving Oral Care for People with a Neuro-disability
This one day course is suitable for all staff who provide support for people with neuro-disabilities and those who want to improve the quality of care.
This course is suitable for people who work in rehabilitation units and care homes to ensure they are compliant with current NICE guidelines.
Learning outcomes will include;
- understanding the links between poor oral health and general health
- learning more about common oral health issues in people with a neuro-disability
- being able to provide the most appropriate oral care for people with a neuro-disability
- ensuring care homes are equipped with the correct tools to carry out oral health assessments and record mouth care
- helping identify how to help people with a neuro-disability access dental care
Mili Doshi, Dentist