Salary grade: £25,647 per annum
Department/ward: Portering Services Department
Job Title: Driver/Porter
Department/ward: Portering Services Department
Responsible to: Portering and Transport Supervisor
Salary range: £25,647 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of work: 39 hours per week
Location: Putney, Southwest London
Closing Date; 22/11/23
Interview Date; 11/12/2023
- Generous Annual Leave entitlement
- Support for ongoing personal development
- RHN Wellbeing Programme and EAP service
- Pension scheme
- Free parking on site
- Blue Light Card and Discounts
- On-site cafeteria
- RHN Volunteering opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Credit Union
Please note, to be eligible to apply for this role, you must have the Right to Work in the UK. Candidates applying for a role at the Royal Hospital for Neuro Disability are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against Covid-19 and Influenza.
Summary of the Royal Hospital for Neuro-Disability
The RHN is a leading national centre of excellence, providing adult person-centred services that span the entire care pathway from post-acute rehabilitation services to end of life care, for people with complex Neuro-disability and their families, underpinned by a strong research and education programme.
The Portering and Transport Services Department plays a vital role in support of the above, by assisting patients with their travel commitments so they can maintain as normal a life as possible.
The department provides transport for all of our patients, ranging from a trips home, attending appointments, visits to the seaside, or going to the theatre.
It also provides an onsite portering service to all wards and departments, helping to move everything from small objects to on occasions, whole wards. As a small department that comprises of seven staff plus one working supervisor, all staff in the department are expected to work independently but must be prepared to make a positive contribution to the work of the portering team.
A core function of the service includes providing a waste removal service to all wards and departments’; ensuring all waste collected is segregated correctly and stored according to the relevant waste stream.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Able to contribute to the Portering Services department / organisational aims and objectives.
- To have a full & clean driving licence with D1.
- Able to engage with the RHN IPR process that identifies own personal and development training needs.
- Able to conduct one’s self in a professional manner towards all service users and management.
- Understand the importance of ensuring confidentiality at all times in accordance with data protection, Hospital policy and good practice.
- Be reliable, willing and conscientious and have the ability to work flexibly either individually or as part of a team.
- Be experienced in or able to demonstrate a good understanding of excellent customer service, together with good verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be punctual / a good timekeeper.
- Be able to problem solve with support / use own initiative.
- Have the ability to be reflective and self-critical and be able to take constructive criticism positively.
- To be able to read and understand, to the required standard.
Interested in applying and hearing from us?
Please refer to the job description and person specification.
RHN is proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer that respects and values the differences of our people to achieve their full potential.
- To work 39 hours a week on a flexible roster, to work weekends and bank holidays as required.
- To drive the patients safely to various destinations.
- To clean and maintain all vehicles to a high standard.
- Deliver gas cylinders to patient areas as required.
- Remove rubbish, clinical waste and recycling material from the hospital and place in the appropriate storage areas for removal by external contractors.
- To deliver and collect equipment, stores and furniture and post.
- To collect and remove waste from various parts of the hospital, and place in the appropriate storage areas.
- To move equipment and set up for functions as required
- To drive the hospital vehicles transporting patients to and from various destinations.
- To partake and successfully pass, minibus and drivers awareness scheme (MIDAS).
- Work in accordance with the day to day tasks and activities, as delegated.
- Ensure compliance with mandatory training and attend other relevant training, as directed.
- Ensure compliance with relevant hospital policies and procedures.
- Report accidents and near misses or unsafe situations, so appropriate action can be taken.
- Treat patients, visitors and staff with dignity and respect.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the role / as requested by line management.